Saturday 17 May 2014

Drogheda restaurant

Yesterday, I was at an event in the lovely Scholars hotel and restaurant in Drogheda.


It's a lovely old building with fantastic wood  pannelled wall covering - it was originally the Christian brothers's convent. 
We were situated in private room off the dining room, with two of the above long tables.

Look how they folded the napkin! Like a little dinner/tuxedo jacket.  
So cute. I'd love to learn how to do this.

My starter - mussels in garlic and white wine cream sauce.  Nice big fat juicy mussels - some of the best flavour mussels I've tasted in a long time.

For main I had chicken supreme, and then for dessert I had chocolate eclairs mmm!  
Nice wine, two little vodkas, I was set up :-) and really enjoyed it,


1 comment:

  1. Looks great!

    You might find a napkin folding tutorial on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete