Sunday 15 November 2015

To market to market to buy a fa....eh vinyl record

 This morning I went for breakfast in the 12th Lock and then into town to the Brocante market.
 
I bought three records and as I am typing I am sitting here listening to the Simon & Garfunkel one.  It's a great album.
 
 
 I also bought this one for a bit of easy listening:
 
 
I thought this one was interesting.  It's a recording of speeches that President Kennedy made on his visit to Ireland some months before his untimely death.
 
 
I wouldn't be into this type of things (listening to speech recordings) but strangely enough I am looking forward to it.
 
The Simon & Garfunkel is my favourite and at only €3 it was an absolute steal! 
Taken from Wikipedia these are the 17 songs on it

  1. "I Am a Rock"
  2. "Homeward Bound"
  3. "America"
  4. "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"
  5. "Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M."
  6. "El Condor Pasa (If I Could)" (Daniel Alomía Robles, English lyrics by Simon, arranged by Jorge Milchberg)
  7. "At the Zoo"
  8. "Scarborough Fair/Canticle" (traditional, arr. Simon & Art Garfunkel with Canticle by Simon)
  9. "The Boxer"
  10. "The Sound of Silence"
  11. "Mrs. Robinson"
  12. "Keep the Customer Satisfied"
  13. "Song for the Asking"
  14. "A Hazy Shade of Winter"
  15. "Cecilia"
  16. "Old Friends/Bookends Theme (Reprise)"
  17. "Bridge over Troubled Water

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! Good find - that Simon & Garfunkel album is awesome!

    ReplyDelete