Sunday 7 July 2019

Comedy scene in Key West



Pictured below are Marta and I at our THIRD outing IN A ROW to the Comedy Club at the Bottle Cap bar on Friday night.


The late great Maeve Binchy used to give advice to aspiring writers.  As a form of discipline you should either tell everyone you are writing a book or tell no one you are writing it (and just do it).  It's a bit like how I started this blog 7 years ago or so.  I had been humming and hawing over doing it (aka procrastinating) then one night over a load of drinks, on a wonderful weekend away in Wexford with friends, I grandly pronounced at 2am I was starting a blog.  So that was that, I couldn't handle people asking me about the blog so I just went and did it.  And amn't I glad I did so now?!

Sooooooo.  
For the record.  
I am inching closer and closer to getting up and doing a 5 minute piece at the Locals/Amateur night on Wednesday nights.  Just the once.  To try it out and to be able to say I did it. 
Watch this space.

Update (Nov 19 2019):
Check out Monkey in Paradise blog



No comments:

Post a Comment