Saturday 7 December 2019

New Happy Hour venue!

If you have been following my blog and noting my Key West eating venues, you probably have worked out that Half Shell Raw Bar and Martin's are two of our favorite Happy Hour Eating establishments.
 
Half Shell is casual and easy, and feels authentic Key West. A license plates on the wall type of place, originally a shrimpers shed, turned restaurant, situated on the spot where the fishworkers spilled out their catch right on the bight.
 
Martin's is when we are feeling a little fancier and want to drink wine and martini's - that would be every Sunday so! The food is fancier too.
 
15% strength!
 
But now! Now, we have Old Town Tavern which is a "just riiiiight" balance between the two. 
 
Apparently it has the "Best Guinness in Town" according to Patrick, a man with 30 years of  drinking Guinness (IN IRELAND) under his belt.
 
It also has Craft Beers.  Something which my Chicago man  has occasionally (very occasionally it must be said) lamented since arriving South.  Well lament no more!  This bar even has Goose Island Bourbon Stout!

And their Happy Hour food, oh my!

Flatbreads; with toppings ranging from a sexy little shrimp scampi number, to your classic chicken barbeque to the exquisitely unique pig and pickle. 
Looks good, right?!

Yes,  of course I had the pork. I can never resist pork.

Along with a chicken liver pate dish of crispy toasted bread,  wholegrain mustard and capers we were just nicely satisfied.  Not at all hungry, and not too full.  In fact "just riiiiight".

If I was really hungry I would also have ordered the meat balls and the pork belly.  Have I mentioned I can never resist pork?

And while I am almost a year into my little Key West adventure and one could argue disappointment that I had not found this little gem of a joint earlier, on the other hand for that very reason it makes me appreciate it all the more. Without a doubt, it is part of our Happy Hour repertoire going forward, and will be for many more years I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment