Friday 12 April 2024

Eclipse 2024

An exciting day seeing a 45% partial eclipse in Key West.  Without the glasses there was nothing going on - maybe a slight haziness versus a darkness.  But boy, with the glasses...what an amazing experience.  I put on the glasses and it was so dark (PITCH BLACK) that I initially thought they weren't working. And then, I turned to the sun and with blackness (still) all around I saw the bring sun with a chunk taken out of it by the moon.  I GASPED! And then passed the glasses to my colleague and she too gasped.  Unbelievable.  I've never seen anything like it, and I guess it could be another 20 years before I see it again.  


I leave you with beautiful photo of sunset at Shannon Estuary, taken by my sister Katie on the same day of the eclipse in the USA

 

No comments:

Post a Comment