Saturday 25 October 2014

Clerys Heritage Gallery

By pure chance Enid and I found this wonderful little gem hidden in the Clerys department store.

What is it you ask?
It's a whole exhibition of the Clery's history and heritage.
Tucked up the back, on the 2nd floor - barely signposted and definitely not advertised - in a little room which looks like a shop, if you turn a corner there unfolds an exhibition of 5/6 rooms, and also a little screening room showing a 6 minute film.

It is FANTASTIC!  I cannot believe I have never seen or heard about it before.  I actually was in the little "shop" part of it about two weeks ago with mam and did not see that there were further rooms attached which contained the exhibition.
They really really need to sort out their signposting/advertising!
If I was Mrs (or Mr) Clerys, I would be advertising it as "the littlest museum inside a department store" or "the only department store with a museum" or "the only museum inside a department store" etc etc

You should check it out next time you are in Dublin.  It's small, but informative and interesting.  And it's free!







1 comment: