Saturday 30 May 2020

Letter from Key West, May 30 2020

- 105,159 deaths in the USA from Covid19
- Riots, looting and burning in the streets of Minneapolis, Los Angeles, New York, Denver and Chicago
- George Floyd, horrifically murdered by a police officer, assisted by 3 other officers of the law, in open view over the course of 9 minutes

Sad, shocked, horrified, and angry.  And scared.  This is the world we live in now.

We all play a part in this and we all have a part to play in the change needed.  We must stand up for our neighbour and say no more.

I'm sorry.  I wish I had more words to say. But right now I am feeling things that I am trying to process.  Feeling on edge, feeling emotionally drained, but knowing there is work to be done, this cannot continue. George Floyd's life and death cannot be in vain.  

Let this be the one, that we all say to, ENOUGH. 






No comments:

Post a Comment