Tuesday 21 July 2020

Covid19...what is going on here

It feels like we are now averaging about 20 cases a day here in Key West. Versus about 8 a day initially since reopening on June 1st. We are a population of about 25,000.  To put that in context, back home in Ireland it seems they are averaging about 20 day also.  Ireland is an Ireland with a population of about 4.9 million.  

Sigh

I arrived to my local Denny's for my special fortnightly Amy treat of me, a copy of the New Yorker and pancakes and syrup.  It was closed.  For "deep cleaning".  Code, I believe, for a staff member has been diagnosed with coronavirus.  
I hope they get through it and recover well.

Sigh

But life continues here at Duncan Street and we continue to control what we can control i.e. reduce our social circle, wear a mask when out, social distancing when talking to others (we have conversations with our neighbours standing on either side of the street!), hand washing and avoiding touching mouth and eyes etc.  I can't lie we probably eat out more than anyone else I know. But we are trying to be careful there - choosing carefully where we eat and ensuring social distance.

Stay safe out there friends


No comments:

Post a Comment