Thursday 7 September 2023

Wastin' away in Margaritaville

Jimmy Buffett RIP

Key West, to its credit, pulled out all stops to create a wonderful procession and celebration of Jimmy Buffett's life and legend within about 36 hours of hearing the news. I made plans to potter on downtown on my own and walk in the parade - knowing I was bound to meet with a friend(s) on the way.  Anyway as I was getting ready (putting on some colourful tropical gear), Patrick threw on a hawaiian shirt and said he was going down too.  We went to Halo Rooftop Lounge Bar where we had a great view of the parade.  I drank a margarita (lucky I have developed a taste, okay severe addiction to them, in the last couple of months) and Patrick had a rum runner.  Afterwards we went down to Garbo's Grill for a bite to eat.  Yes, of course, I had a cheeseburger in Paradise.  Then, it was back to Halo for me (Patrick headed on home) where I met up with Isabelle and Wyatt for one more margarita.  It was a lovely fun afternoon and I think a fitting way to spend it to mark the passing of a wonderful Key West troubadour.  

Rest in Paradise Jimmy!








Jimmy Buffett RIP

Key West, to its credit, pulled out all stops to create a wonderful procession and celebration of Jimmy Buffett's life and legend within about 36 hours of hearing the news. I made plans to potter on downtown on my own and walk in the parade - knowing I was bound to meet with a friend(s) on the way.  Anyway as I was getting ready (putting on some colourful tropical gear), Patrick threw on a hawaiian shirt and said he was going down too.  We went to Halo Rooftop Lounge Bar where we had a great view of the parade.  I drank a margarita (lucky I have developed a taste, okay severe addiction to them, in the last couple of months) and Patrick had a rum runner.  Afterwards we went down to Garbo's Grill for a bite to eat.  Yes, of course, I had a cheeseburger in Paradise.  Then, it was back to Halo for me (Patrick headed on home) where I met up with Isabelle and Wyatt for one more margarita.  It was a lovely fun afternoon and I think a fitting way to spend it to mark the passing of a wonderful Key West troubadour.  

Rest in Paradise Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment