Monday 20 November 2023

November Rain

So, June is rainy season here in Key West.  But strangely, on Tuesday, we got the craziest rain ever - just like the Monsoon-like rain of June, but add in that it was cold!

It started early around 7am and looked like there was a break forecast around 9 so I figured I would wait and try go in then.  Now, alot of times when I am cycling in rain I wear old clothes and my rain jacket and bring a change in to work for the day.  It is anyone's guess why I did not do that on this day??

Instead, the second Patrick yelled at me there was a break and I should go, I jumped on my bike and off I went.  I was literally down the bottom of our street when it started bucketing, in fact more than bucketing.  At times it was so bad I could not see in front of me.

Anyway, dramatics aside, I made it in to work.  Absolutely soaked.  I was thinking what I might do....put a hotel robe on and throw my clothes in the dryer was one option but not the best I think you would agree.  Imagine sitting in your office in a robe!!!!  Ha! No thank you.  Next thing I was thinking was I'd ask Patrick to send me in clothes but who knows when he would be free to do that...

And then...right in front of me...in the back office I spied a pair of sample housekeeping trousers and some sample bartender shirts.  Beggers can't be choosers.  This is what I spent the day in:



Bahahahahahahahahah!  Two of my Gen Z colleagues told me it was "verging on being on trend".  I think they were just being nice to me, feeling bad I had to wear old yokes for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment