Tuesday 23 April 2019

In no particular order...

In no particular order here are some of the things I have been getting up to lately!

Good news! I finally got into the swimming pool!  
I am a cold person, simple as. I just can't do "cool" water, and finally the water hit a temperature that I can do...more than can just do...adore...it is absolutely perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold, refreshingly perfect.  And fun! It feels like I am on holidays every time I jump in!

I ate a corn dog for the first time in my life.  It's disgusting and amazing in equal measures. It's a hot dog (savoury) covered in what tastes like pancake or donut batter (sweet).  I will never eat one again as I am afraid I would then have to eat one every day of my life forever more. 

As you can see from the tv I am also watching a lot of ice hockey.  It's Stanley Cup playoff season.

I met up with friends in La Te Da

I ate out on my own.  I had dinner in Bagatelle which I loved.  It has a vintage old Bahamian feel to it and the food was second to none.  It was nice having time to myself and it reminded me of my time living in Dublin city.

Around my neck is a coin from the Atocha (Spanish treasure galleon) which was shipwrecked and went down in 1622 off the coast of the Florida Keys.  It was located, and salvaged by Mel Fisher in 1985.

I attended a beautiful food and wine pairing in The Roost, food by the incredibly talented Martha Hubbard of Isle Cook.

I attended the opening of a wonderful art exhibition at the Custom House Museum.  A show showcasing the wide range of Richard Peter Matson's exemplary talent - ranging from his oil paintings of houses, to his beautiful portraits, to his ads of the 1960s' during his career in New York city working for J Walter Thompson to his 1980's tongue in cheek greeting cards to his intricate decorative eggs.  It reminded me how much I miss all the art stuff that I had got used to being surrounded with while being part of that world with Irish artist Pigsy 

While at the Custom House museum I couldn't not stop by the Diana Nyad exhibit - a reminder to "Never Ever Give Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment