Wednesday 23 October 2019

Family visit October 2019!

I had Lydia and Mam staying with me for a week and it was a wonderful visit. I would rate them 10/10 as house guests.   Ahahahahahaa
First day they arrived Lydia and I took ourselves off fishing and it was wonderful!  Even more wonderful was coming home and cooking it on the barbecue.  That is something that I think will always be a novelty to us Irish people...cooking outdoors with regularity.
While it was an ordinary working week for me, I did decide to take a day off in the middle of the week while they were here.  How often do I have guests staying with me after all?  We had a great day - Lydee and I went snorkeling at Fort Zachary Taylor Beach and then did a guided tour of the Fort which was very interesting.  That evening we went to Trivia in Viva which we always enjoy. 

Check us out in our colour co-ordinating outfits at Trivia :)
Other than that, Mam and Lyd looked after themselves during the day while I worked and then we went out for dinner most evenings.  They hung out at the pool, did a little shopping and some sight seeing - Hemingway House was their number one stop as usual.
We had some nice food out at the likes of Half Shell Raw Bar, La Concha and El Siboneys.  It was Mam and Lyd's first time at El Siboneys and their first foray into authentic Cuban food was a complete success. 
Their last day came and because their flight was out of Miami, and I was driving them there, we decided to leave early and stop off at an outlet mall close to the airport.  We all got a few bits and pieces which was good.  I got a jumpsuit for work which is a little bit new and different for me.  We also ate a nice lunch in crackerbarrel which we always enjoy :)

Their flight went off on time thankfully, it is a long trip home back to Dublin and even further for Lyd who has to fly on to Amsterdam and then train it to The Hague.  Me, it was a long drive back home too to Key West, and I eventually got there just after midnight.  No worries!  All good!


No comments:

Post a Comment