Monday 11 January 2021

Monday, January 11th 2021

 Here is a summary of what I did today.  Brace yourself, a lot of "and then I went to", "and then I got" over and over again

1st Stop. I got up this morning quite early considering it was my day off, around 7.30am, and after a cup of coffee headed into the hotel to pick up a credit card.  My boss (the GM) is off on vacation at the moment so there are gaps that need to be filled.  I headed to Home Depot to buy some temporary blinds for two of the rooms, while we wait for our fancy ones to arrive.  Quite the conundrum getting the right size and the best material that I could, but I think I got there in the end.

Stop 2 was dropping it back to the hotel where I handed them over to our maintenance guy. They are his baby now!  Took a call from Patrick where he had super news, that he had found a great dentist that took our insurance, and that he had got me a same day cancellation appointment for 1.45pm

Stop 3 I came home for a bit, and then headed to Dennys for something I like doing every Monday or every second Monday.  Pancakes, coffee and reading The New Yorker.

Stop 4 Headed to the dentist.  Thank you Patrick for arranging! My first appointment with an American dental clinic (office?) and I was very impressed.  Full set of xrays, inspection done by the dentist and then a great clean/scale/polish by a lovely hygienist.  They all said my teeth and gums are in great shape which was a relief.  I will go back for another clean in 6 months.  10 out of 10 for service.  And 10 out of 10 for being just the cutest little dentist I've ever gone to.  Photos below...

Stop 5 I took the Christmas tree down :( The decorations had been off it about a week now.  But it still looked just so lovely lit up every evening.  I am going to miss it.

Stop 6 We headed off for dinner in one of our casual favourites, Half Shell Raw Bar! And it was just lovely as always.  A bucket of steamed garlic clams, buffalo shrimp and fish dip - all to share. Fabulous.  And a few little drinkies.

I think that.  :Let's not talk about Stop 7 where I went online to Bath and Body works and did some drinky shopping :)))  Let's just pretend that didn't happen lol!

Good night friends!

Photos of my dentist below:

Isn't this cute? I love the ceiling fan

Socially distanced waiting room

Irish dentist waiting rooms do not look like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment