Monday 28 November 2016

Weekend fun

 On Friday night I had the two TSB girls over for our annual November get together - our birthdays are all within 4 days of each other and we always meet up for drinks and dinner.

While Louise got the train in from Leixlip, Ann was around the corner in Doheny & Nesbit's and I met up for a quick drink with my friend Cillian in Kehoe's on Grafton Street.

I was in a bit of rush but I quickly got the bar set up (most important!) and I think it looked super!


The girls arrived and we had a bit of craic in the apartment before heading out to eat. Ann as you can see was very taken with my vintage phone :-)


Mam gave me this dress for my birthday and I love it.  So comfortable, and I love the colours.

The obligatory group pic of us.  We have some collection of these pics from over the years!


We finally made it to Xico. 
Eek we were a bit late(!!) but they had held the table for us.

I got the chili as usual!  It's the best in Dublin as far as I am concerned.  Oh and a nice glass of Malbec went perfectly with it.

Xico turns into a late bar and nightclub and it gets pretty crazy.  It was good craic but the crowd were a little young, so we decided we'd head up to Harcourt Street to The Black Door which was much better suited to our age group...and we ended up staying out way too late.  But sure look birthdays only come once a year!
On Saturday morning I wasn't the best but made myself get up and go to the library for a few hours.  It was the best thing for me to be honest - the cycle in particular was good for clearing my head!


Saturday afternoon, I met Tara and Jackie in The Mint Bar for a natter and food and drink.
I had the lamb burger (which was pretty good) and a glass of Malbec.

Chocolate ganache pudding!  My favourite!

The weekend of eating continued...

In Mam's on Sunday I had the most massive dinner ever and then ate 2 of Mam's fab home made cream slices and chocolate cake for dessert.  Seriously!! I was out of control!

That evening I pottered over to Fade Street,  down Grafton Street and around Stephen's Green shopping centre.  I love the decorations in Stephens Geen so much :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment