Wednesday 3 April 2013

Tom Cruise is in Dublin!

He is staying in the Merrion Hotel which is only just around the corner from where I work.  I won't lie to you I was tempted to take a trip around at lunchtime!
 
The Merrion Hotel is very popular with film stars and musicians when they come to Ireland - Bruce Springsteen stayed there when he played in Ireland during the summer.  I'd recommend you click on to the hotel website - switch on your speakers, they seem to have attached music to the website so you can listen to lovely classical music while you browse!

As it happened I had to go Northside to run an errand during my lunchbreak today so I wouldn't actually have been able to go stalk the hotel afterall.  I did however pass the Savoy cinema where Tom will be attending tonight for the premiere of Oblivion.
 
I passed at 1pm and there were people queuing along the red carpet already!
 





But no Tom Cruise :-(


Update:
I see that he spent 90 minutes greeting his Irish fans.  Fair play to him!
Article
He's a handsome man for 50 I tells ya :-)


1 comment:

  1. Tom was not wearing a coat whilet he greeted fans for 90 mins.......so 2 of his bodyguards held a portable heater behind him to keep him warm!

    ReplyDelete