Sunday 29 March 2015

Chicken dish - 3 ingredients and a slow cooker

You will remember from my last post that I bought a slow cooker. 
Below are the results of my first dish from it!

Because it was 4pm when I got home from the shop the chicken was only cooked at 10.15 (6 hours cooking) last night.  So I had just a little taster before bed last night.  This chicken above is from 2 drumsticks, and it just fell off the bone.

I poured the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and reduced it for about a half hour.  The flavour was very intense, I have may have reduced it a little too much.

Plain chicken and rice waiting for the lovely sauce

Eh voila!
I think it looks very rustic.

In terms of flavour it is quite salty.  But nice!
I will list below the volumes I used below, but I think I will adjust next time.

Ingredients:
12 chicken drumsticks
1/2 cup of soy sauce - I am going to use 1/4 cup next time
1 cup of coca-cola - I am going to use 1 & 1/4 next time

No comments:

Post a Comment