Sunday 29 March 2015

DIY Sunday

With Spring/Summer coming in I've found that my curtains are just not good enough to keep the early morning light out.  And this means I am waking up about 6 or 6.30am every morning...and hence I am tired...and then not sleeping great...it's a bad cycle!

So last week it got so bad that I was driven to put black refuse sacks up on my window.  
Oh dear God it looked awful! As you can see :-) 
Plus also because they are recyclable type bags they are light/thin and didn't really work at blocking the light out.  And yes I have some books blocking some gaps also.

How bad does this look!!!!

I was going to ring a blind company and beg see if someone could come out this weekend. But then someone in work told me that their husband put one up themselves and it was relatively easy - and much cheaper than getting a company in to do it.
 
This blind cost €29.99 from Harry Corry

It took me about 2 hours in total.  
It was not difficult but there were lots of different elements - measuring, cutting, drilling, screwing etc.  
As I said not difficult, but I wouldn't be rushing to put another one up.


Well this, I think you will agree, is much better than my previous solution!

3 comments:

  1. Great job !!! That first pic reminds me of my old dorm room in college. You should have asked Enid for help. Then it would have taken you 4 hours to put it up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha I did have a bit of a chuckle at your bin bags on window situation. Your new blind looks much better you must be so pleased with it. I hope you are sleeping better now. However I am having the opposite problem, I would like to get up at 6 every morning to do yoga but I am just too sleepy.

    Monique Fletcher @ Safeclean Hillingdon

    ReplyDelete