Sunday 2 December 2012

The Gasworks building Dublin

The Gasworks is a structure which from approx 1895 housed a gasometer which supplied gas across Dublin.

I believe it would have last been functional in the 50's/60's.  By replacing the metal internal wall with glass, the structure was converted into a pretty cool residential building around 2006.


It's a very impressive building in my opinion.





The atrium in the centre.  The entrances to each apartment is via here.


I like the industrial look stone used in the courtyard/atrium.


Another exterior shot.  Check out the foundations of each pillar/post.
Cool cool building!  I'd LOOOOOOVE to live in one of those apartments!
Except for one reason (time for a rant!!!!!):
There is a serious amount of stupid signs all over the complex. The management company seem to have gone completely flathiulach on the signage????



How to ruin a nice courtyard with a beautiful tree - stick a load of signs below it.


Seriously???




In my opinion the sheer volume of these signs detract from this cool building/complex.
BUT I would still like to live here! 


Edit.
If you liked this blog post I think you will very much like my blog post on my very cool upcycled cocktail bar/drinks cabinet project! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment