Reader. I have a reader! Woohoo! *Waves to reader*
2. Green salsa brava hot sauce purchased from the local Mexican shop for $1.39
3. A red pepper chilli from same Mexican shop - 29c
4. Pam oil for the barbeCUE. Yeah it's cheap, and a little bit nasty, God knows what is in it but it gets the job done
5. Only the best "BBQ" sauce in the whole world. Not too sweet and nicely tangy - dare I say it, even with undertones of HP brown sauce at times - this sauce is incredible. Keep an eye out for you on your next supermarket visit; Stubbs Original Legendary Bar-B-Q sauce.
5. Frontera (red) salsa sauce
That's a nice little bit of heat there as you can see. Eating and enjoying food with a sizzle in it is a skill of mine I picked up in the Navy. Ok I think you know I wasn't in the Navy. That's something I just like to say for fun. Hmmm, probably sounds better when spoken. Moving on.
It's true though. I love hot food. It's a taste I started developing way back when my friend was going out with a fella who owned a couple of Indian restaurants around town. We were aged 20 and penniless and ate there a lot. Some days we used to eat the staff curry which was blow your eyeballs out hot #goodtimeswithTara&Amy
A couple of years later I visited India, and ever since then, as cliched as it sounds, the hotter the better for me.
I like to assemble all my cooking ingredients and utensils on the bar for the cooking. Yes I have a home bar. Yes it's outdoors. Yes I am not using it for the purpose intended. I know, I know, old Amy who used loved nothing better than hopping behind a bar and whipping up a cocktail (crafting, I believe they say these days) or pouring a pint, is probably turning over in her grave back in Ireland. But such is life, time moves on and ones interests change. No doubt some day this bar will be used for entertaining, but for the moment it is a food prep area. I posted this photo to show you where the barbecue is set up in context to the bar, and I think you might agree it's pretty perfect.
Side note. If you would like to try out my recipe for my very popular at parties caiproska cocktail click here.
|Chicken a la Amy|