Sunday 24 February 2019

The White Tarpon, Key West

This trip to The White Tarpon can be summed up as follows: 
My first time going there, certainly won't be my  last.

We shared a smorgasbord of peel 'n' eat shrimp, cheese quesadillas with guacamole, cider braised chicken wings.  Disappointingly they had ran out of crab claws which we were most excited about when we view the menu.  Not to worry, everything else was so good it made up for it, and again - we will be back.

The location is second to none, down by the oceanfront in between Alonzos and The Boathouse.  We sat outside and there was lots of people watching to be done over our drinks and food.  I started with vodka and then went on to an, excellent it has to be said, Malbec.

On the subject of quesdilla's… I am kind of obsessed with them these days.  These are a small snack from Bad Boy Burritos that I nibbled on before meeting with friends in the Hogs Breath Saloon on Friday night.  Duck and (strong!! sharp!! mmm) cheddar cheese.  It is with shame that I tell you I never tasted a quesadilla in Ireland or before January 2019.  I guess I am making up for lost time eh?!

Fun night with lovely Sheila and Key West author, the ever etertaining Michael Haskins, listening to an awesome band RST in the Hog's Breath.






No comments:

Post a Comment