Sunday 15 November 2020

Say hello to my little friend

 I got some great little DIY projects around the house done today...

...with the help of my awesome birthday gift from Patrick.  A cordless drill and screwdriver. How awesome are these?! I gasped when I opened the wrapping.  I am just delighted with them!


Project 1
I didn't need my new tools for this job but am delighted to have got this job done:
I rehung my large Pigsy piece using the old nail hangings I already had in place, plus today applying Command velcro strips which hold the frame in much better place against the wall.  
Doesn't it look just great?


Project 2
I installed two new bolts on our shed door.  You can see the old one in the middle of the door which doesn't work any more because the doors or the door frame is out of whack.  Because the door works fine I figured easier to just put on a new bolt, rather then try balance out doors and the frame etc.  I installed two - we will use just one on a day to day basis, but the two will be used for storms and hurricanes etc (ugh).


Project 3
I re-fixed a little door knob back on to our laundry room doors.  It's been sitting on the kitchen counter for ages, feels great to have this done!


Project 4
This is the one I am most happy about! 
Ok, so a bit of background, our shed is as old as the house i.e. 1953.  The shed is feeling it's age I think, but I do love it so!  Around the bottom of it there is some rotting of the metal (oh, did I mention it's a cool old metal shed!) and a bit of a hole was developing.  I had a plan to cover this up in some way, so today when I saw our neighbour was throwing out some wood I snaffled a piece that fitted nicely.  Yep, I know it doesn't look "perfect", that is the way I like it.  We describe our house as "cottagey" and this captures the feel as far as I am concerned.


And here I am, happy as Larry and delighted with life!

No comments:

Post a Comment