Monday 12 July 2021

Tropical Storm Elsa




Tropical Storm Elsa blew in and out last Tuesday and like every storm to date we were better prepared in advance and learnt something for next time.  Patrick drove me to work just as it arrived and it was wild enough. We then basically just both worked through the storm and by the time I cycled home at 5pm what just remained were some strong gusts of wind but nothing major.  No power loss so that was good for Patrick, no internet down etc, but he did have the house shut up for the whole day and he said things did get pretty wild in the back garden at times.

We had sand bags on one or two doors on the outside and dam bags on every single door on the inside.  I really like these things and I might order some more... I wonder is there any chance they would hold the water out in the event of a big one???  We also put our clamshell shutters down but did not put storm shutters on the rest of the house.  I love the clamshells so much. 70 years old and still work perfectly.  So quick and easy to put down and up.  Sometimes simple technologies are the best.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment