Friday 4 August 2023

Oppenheimer versus Barbie

 So funny, you wait ages for a good film and then two come along at once.  

First up! Oppenheimer.  I went to see this in the Tropic (yay!) with Patrick, and simply put, I thought it was exceptional.  Thought provoking and beautiful.  Entertaining, yet challenging.  And of course no surprise, I thought Cillian Murphy was just wonderful, I am tagging him now for the oscar.

Barbie.  Well, I have to say that I had the most wonderful evening going to see this with my Barbies, or "Squad" as we like to call ourselves.  We all dressed up and (see pic below) didn't we look great??? Afterwards we retired to The Saint for appetizers, cocktails and movie discussion.  I really, really enjoyed Barbie. But I guess I was not as wowed with it as a I thought it would be? Like it was really beautiful, stylistically and thematically.  I thought the mother daughter storyline was just gorgeous.  And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED America Ferrara's inspirational monologue.  And everything resonated with me (ugh! unfortunately).  But I came out of the cinema just  a little underwhelmed.  But....now as I type...I am feeling it more and more.  Hmmm.  Imagine that.

In summary, as you've guessed, my favoured film was Oppenheimer. 

....but my favourite photos are Barbie! Lol









No comments:

Post a Comment