Sunday 1 May 2016

The hen capital of Ireland

I was in Athlone for a hen party this weekend and I can safely say I have never ever seen so many hen parties in one town as I did last night.  I do feel sorry for any single "hens" out there who were looking for a stag party to mingle with because that was simply not an option!
 
On arrival we had a lovely afternoon tea of sandwiches, cakes, prosecco and tea & coffee.

Very classy altogether ;-)

We were then sent out into the town on a scavenger hunt which involved completing a list of tasks and sending back evidence via photograph on viber - how Generation Y did I feel!  Feel I said, I accept I am far from a Y :-(

Back to the hotel where the bride to be had a quick chat with Nuala Carey (weather girl from RTE!) to confirm the weather forecast for the wedding day - a scorcher apparently!  Then we all went to our rooms to get ready where we found little gifts from the bridesmaids which was a really nice touch.

The theme was 1920's/flapper girl and I was feeling the vibe!

How cool do we look as a group!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment