Saturday 18 May 2019

Barbecue Tales part 13 - Lemon Fish


I have posted before about fish as part of my "Barbecue Tales" series.  We have cooked fish tacos, cooked fish in the fish basket, and cooked fish on the barbecue on foil (lovely and sumptuous!) Well today I proudly present to you fish cooked in the fishbasket which is lined with lemon.

But let me take a step back and tell you where all this beautiful fish came from.  Enid and Ciaran are staying with me, woohoo, and today we went out with the Salty Goat boat for a fishing day.  It was a great day and we all had success.  Enid caught the highest number of fish out of the three of us, I caught the biggest fish, and Ciaran...well Ciaran gave us a right old laugh when reeling in his very first fish which was putting up a great fight.  He battles and battles and then up comes the fish, the tiniest little tiddler ever!

I digress.  Back to the cooking.  So the lemon served three purposes - flavor of course, adding moisture to the already succulent fish, and kept the fish from sticking to the fish basket.  A win on all counts,

And of course there is nothing as good as eating fish that you caught yourself.  We had a fabulous dinner the three of us.  And afterwards we had scrumptious Key Lime Pie for dessert. Done and Done. Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment