Monday 6 May 2019

Summer is coming...Summer is HERE??

Today marks the third day of what feels like Summer in Key West...aka as hot as all hell.

I am off work and my day is going like this:
* Lying on the tikki hut day bed dying with the heat
* Jumping in the swimming pool to cool down
* Lying on the tikki hut day bed dying with the heat
* Heading back into the house to the air conditioning
* Lying on the tikki hut day bed dying with the heat
And repeat

It's 3pm now and around 5pm I am thinking it will be time for a pre dinner cocktail.  Something with limes I am feeling - either a Pilar rum Cuba Libre, or a Caipiroska.

See here for my caipiroska recipe which would you believe was one of my very first blog posts back in March 2012. Hard to believe I have been blogging that long, just over 7 years at this point.  I do love blogging as a hobby and "as a result, or something to show (concrete output) for the time I spend on the internet".  And most of all, I love to think that at sometime in the future, maybe 2/3/400 years from now people might look at my blog just to see how an ordinary person lived her life, back at the beginning of the 21st century.  

In fact! 
In future when people ask me what I blog about, or what is the topic of my blog, I will tell them I am "chronicling the ordinary".  

Lol, or does that just sound like the most banal boring blog of all times??!!

Photo is from my blog post of March 2012.  
Before Instagram and filters on camera phones I would like to point out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment