Sunday 11 June 2023

Costa Sunglasses - warranty

About 15 months ago I decided it was important to invest in a really good pair of sunglasses for out on the water. Also, around this time I had gone to the optician with some eye ailments to be diagnosed with pinguecula in each eye (one big, one small) - ugh -  and was advised to give my eyes extra care, including good sunglasses.

I purchased a pair of Costa(s) on recommendation from a couple of people. And very impressed with them, initially, I was! 

I noticed recently that they had developed some small scratches or wearing off on the lenses.  

This was not something that I was too concerned with tbh.  I did not expect them to be invincible and we are on the boat out on the water ALOT!  I put this down to salt spray from the ocean - I sit up the front of the boat when we are going fast and get most of the brunt of the sea splash.  I should note however that Patrick's pair bought at the same time are completely perfect.

And then this happened!

Eek.

Well, it is still in progress, but so far I am very happy with Costas warranty service.  I chatted with an agent and then filled out an online form uploading my purchase receipt (phew, thankfully I had that in my email!) and the photos.  They confirmed they wanted to repair or replace etc but that my style were discontinued.  They gave me a link to their website and some options to choose from.  And also sent me a UPS label to send my pair back.  I have done all this so hopefully I will have my new pair out to me soon - it was not fun out fishing yesterday with sunglasses that are more fashion ones than anything else...

Oh! These are the new ones I chose - the style is called Irie.  I figured I might as well go for something very different from the original pair.  

What do you think of these? Comment below!

Update June 12:
Costa have messaged me to say my new sunglasses are on the way. I will update when received.  Cannot stress how happy I am with their After-Sale customer service.

Update June 12:

They arrived! 

June 17 update:

They must be good! I caught this 😂😂😂😂



No comments:

Post a Comment