Monday 9 October 2023

Co-incidence or Synchronicity....or Twinchronicity?!

 As you might know, I have an identical twin back home in Dublin.  People ask me all the time do I miss her...it is a hard one to answer: of course I do, but equally, her and I, are just getting on with our lives - and me being happy and enjoying myself here with Patrick.  But omg, sometimes, out of the blue something hits hard and I really feel the pain of her not being close.  This morning we were chugging along on the boat, nice and slow, pulling into the gas station and out of NOWHERE a sudden memory popped into my head of how every Christmas, a few days before Christmas, Enid and I would always go for a lunch together to a fancy restaurant in Dublin (a different one every year), an event we used to call our "Boozy Lunch".  Out loud, I announced "I miss Enid".  

She also has a blog.  Actually, it was her who got me into recording and documenting my life - thank you Enid!  How about this for a co-incidence?  I noted one of her blogs from last week was talking about leaving her bike in for repair.  Which, I did last week too!  Now that is not the co-incidental piece. Afterall, we both use our bikes alot, and after time bikes needs repairs/tune ups.  The co-incidence is what specifically we got repaired.  Hers need a puncture repair and mine needed a new chain.  And THEN both of us, separately, without discussion with each other, talked to our bike guy about getting a new seat (saddle) post replaced.  Now, this you will agree is not a "normal" or standard bike repair request?!  Her reason for needing a new post is detailed here in her blog post.  My reason was I have been cycling for a few months now with a dodgy post that keeps moving position/dropping down while I cycle (my post + seat were stolen when I parked it overnight at the airport) and while I have been using a freebie donated one, it had reached the peak of what I could tolerate! 

What are your thoughts?  A bit eerie, yes or no?!

Christmas 2017! Traditional Christmas Lunch (aka "Boozy Lunch" lol)

This was in Amuse on Dawson Street, Dublin.  The year after we went to The Ivy in London - just before I moved to the US - we were in London for a Pigsy art show.

Off the top of my head other locations for the Christmas Lunch were L'Ecrivain and Thorntons Restaurant in Dublin. Oh! How could i forget! Patrick Guilbaud's in The Merrion. All wonderful.


And a few twin bike pics!

1 comment: