Monday 15 July 2024

DIY repair job

 In my previous post, I noted how much I love the new murphy bed.  It was a big job getting to and into the house (had to come in a back door) and while it arrived relatively intact, it did suffer a small injury along the way.

Part of the side panel bent and broke off as it was being rolled in over gravel on two dollies

The injury from a different angle

Patrick and I went to Home Depot on Sunday morning but we were really struggling find the correct wood piece to use.  And while we bought something, we ended up bringing it back and returning it.

What to do?? When suddenly Patrick remembered a piece of scrap wood we had left over from my table project in the shed.   I got some help from a work colleague in cutting it to size (thank you!) and Voila!!


Stained with wood paint/stain!


It is not looking bad, I have to say!
I feel the colour is slightly "off".  I have ordered some mahogany wood effect Contact Paper from Amazon and am going to try wrapping it to really finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment