Sunday 6 September 2015

How to cook scallops.... and drink wine and cocktails

I had a lovely evening yesterday over at afriends of minne for dinner.  The deal is I bring the steaks and cocktail ingredients and they look after everything else.

I made ciaproskas for everyone and some craft beer/pale ale was also served. I had a taste of the craft beer and surprisingly I liked it.  It was much lighter then I thought it would  be and it had an unusual grapefruit after flavour which was very nice.  As I said that surprised me!

If you would like to try a Ciaproska, here is my recipe/instructions for making them.



My wonderful host is an incredible chef and for starter made scallops on a cauliflower puree with celery oil and pancetta all served on a brown bread crumb.

With the main we had a lovely bottle of Chateauneuf  du-Pape which is a really great wine, the hosts truly spoiled us.

Main was steak and fondant potato with a  red wine sauce. 
Dessert was pecan pie.

As always I had a great night with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment