Monday 1 April 2019

Life in the Tropics


I've always been a target for mosquitoes, so no surprise I am getting bitten alive here in Key West!  I have lumps/bites/welts all over me.  Not the most attractive as you can imagine! Plus also a pain - they are so itchy and scratchy. Last night they woke me up at 3am, so bad and itchy that I had to go get my anti histamine cream and apply all over before I could get back to sleep.

So I am going full Rambo on them! I think the most important thing is to tackle the source.  I went to CVS and bought the Raid on the left (green spray) so am going to use this religiously in the house and (newly named) Tiki Lounge.  It should also be noted that Key West/Florida have a fairly aggressive spraying regime (ground and air) so I can only imagine what it would be like if that was not in existence.  Last week a notice was left at the house saying they had sprayed, plus giving good advice on preventing them - the big takeaway I took was not to have standing (stagnant?) water (e.g. rain water/flower pots) left around.  I took action and emptied anything like this I could I identify in my yard.

Finally! Important note! 
This blog post is not a complaint!! I love living in Key West.  This is just something I have to live with.  Paradise is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment