Monday 15 June 2020

Covid19 & BLM. Letter from Key West



Hard to understand why a little small piece of material is such a problem for some people?? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Key West is open and while most people are respectful of the city's rule about face masks in public places, there are a number of people getting vocal on social media about the wearing of masks or indeed calling covid 19 being fake. These are both locals and tourists. The mind boggles.

For me, the combination of mask wearing, social distancing, washing hands and keeping my social circle small is the most effective way I can reduce the risk of contracting and/or spreading the virus in our community.

Black Lives Matter
There was another murder of a black man by white police officers last night. In Atlanta. It's horrifying. I love living in the USA, I really do, but I just don't understand how such a wonderful country still has this major problem of systemic racism. The leaders of Atlanta seem to be reacting to this hideous and tragic incident in a swift manner which I hope gives Mr Rayshard Brooks' family a small element of comfort. And I hope conversations and actions, and movements take place which create and show real change.

No comments:

Post a Comment