Friday 30 December 2022

1953 bathroom

If you've been following my blog you will know that I'm terribly fond of my bathroom and it's 1953 tile work.  Well recently we had a bit of a shock when a pipe related to the sink completely disintegrated and there was talk of the whole wall/bathroom needing to be torn apart to fix it. 

So as much as I love the bathroom and didn't want to have to do all that work...I admit I did get a little caught up in the prospect of a new bathroom and did do some googling of modern styles etc.

It turned out to be an easier job (although still a little complex) and while it took time and labour, no major construction was needed. Phew.

So next thing I started thinking of, was to put a crazy patterned mid century wallpaper. Patrick wasn't entirely on board with the idea but he said he didn't mind too much either way also. In the heel of the hunt, I went off that idea and instead just decided to change out the mirror from a crazy parrot one that I disliked to something plain and simple, and vaguely 1960s.

And here it is:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment