Monday 22 January 2024

New chairs...I sure will miss my vintage lovelies though :(

End of an era :(
I used to have 6 of these beauties but over the last few years 2 of them died, and these remaining ones were dying.  

I saw these advertised on facebook locals that a now closed restaurant in Key West was getting rid of them. Can you identify the restaurant? Answer at the end of this post.
They originally had 100 or so I guess and I think were selling them for $10/20 apiece - and I certainly was tempted.  But when I saw the last 10 or so offered for free I texted Patrick straight away.

He was interested! But our jeep was in for repairs. What to do??
He jumped on his bike and moved them 2 at a time over to my work until we had a vehicle back.

I liked them immediately when we got them home! They are fun!
But not so much with our yellow table.

Doesn't it all look more cohesive now that I painted the table legs green??
I have ordered some chair cushions too.

My vintage chairs went out on the curb for free and were picked up quickly by some lucky person, sniffle.

As for the restaurant? 
Clues:
A burger place
A chain
A famous pop singer turned famous actor

Answer: Wahlburgers.

Edit!!!
See photos below!

After a few fits and starts, I think I eventually got there on colour!

- The table legs were originally yellow. I painted them green (why???). And then a pale colour matching the top.
- I have the chair pads on order, arriving from Ikea on Friday.
Pretty happy now, I have to say 😀




Edit. 
The chair pads arrived.

Final pic:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment