Saturday 6 February 2016

My Fitness Pal app

 After the excesses of Christmas I got an awful shock when I stood on the scales in January.  Since then I have been very strict with myself with the aid of a fantastic app called MyFitnessPal.
 
Every day I record what I eat for all my meals and snacks.  The app calculates the calories and keeps a total of how many calories I have eaten.  It's very easy to use - in particular there is a very handy barcode scanner which when you scan brings up all the details of the food.
 
You can also log any exercise done and it too calculates the calories for this. 
 
On a daily basis I am recording my weight and the good (great!) news is that since I started using the app, and keeping track of what I am eating I have lost 12lbs.   
According to the app if I continue eating the way I am at the moment I will have reached my goal (another 8lbs to go) in 5 weeks.
 
Calorie counting and watching what you eat is not a new way to lose weight.  But with this app it's definitely made easier.  I'd thoroughly recommend it. 
 
Why not try it and let me know how you get on?!

No comments:

Post a Comment