Thursday 18 February 2016

The Finest Hours - a film from Walt Disney

Yesterday after work I took the Luas (eeugh! the less about that the better) out to Dundrum shopping centre to see the premiere screening of the The Finest Hours,
 
The red carpet was nicely decorated with marine/coastguard safety equipment
 
There was a drinks reception on beforehand.  I arrived a bit late to get a glass of vino but I did get some Butlers chocolates (nyom!)
 
It is a wonderfully gripping and compelling film,,,
 
....with a  great cast - Chris Pine and one of my favourite actors Casey Affleck (nyom!) 
 
Ok back to the film Amy!
It's based on the true story of the greatest small boat rescue in the history of the United States Coast Guard which co-incidentally took place Exactly Today 64 years ago.  Incredibly dramatic with a wonderful end, I thoroughly recommend this film.

1 comment: