Sunday 3 March 2019

Brunch at home - Kedgeree

Today I cooked something I have never cooked before in my life! I made kedgeree!  

And even better, I am happy to report it was a terrific success!

Not pictured are the eggs, fish and rice (I used wild rice, some recipes say basmati). I set the eggs and rice cooking while I chopped and prepped everything else. The fish was left over in the fridge from the previous eve's barbecuing so I just needed to flake by lightly forking and we were good to go.

I melted the butter in a pan, Kerrygold of course.  I then added the onions and cooked them down until they were soft and succulent, and nicely browned.  To this, I added the cherry tomatoes and allowed them to cook down a little too.  Next I added the ginger and garlic, and then the all important CURRY POWDER.

Curry Powder is a vital component.  Kedgeree is a British Indian dish which originated in Britain from the time that India was part of the British Empire.  While eating it, I felt the eggs made it breakfasty, while the curry felt like lunch.  Hence  it is a great brunch dish in my opinion!

To the lovely flavoursome mix of veg etc I added the rice, eggs and flaked fish.  And that was it!  How simple was that.  And satisfying - almost therapeutic - while cooking.  All  that chopping, adding, stirring felt great!

Et Voila!
You guys!!! I made kedgeree!!

It tasted amazing.  I was so happy with how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment