Saturday, 8 August 2026

Bits and Pieces

Did you know that it is the 10-year anniversary of the release of La La Land? One of my favorite films...
Read my initial review of it here.

In honor of the re-release of the film, I treated myself to the soundtrack on vinyl.  I am a tad obsessed as you can imagine and listening to it over and over, every chance I get.


***********************************


Upon my return from Ireland I detected a small crack in my retainer.  I rang my dentist here in Key West and got a quote of $635 to replace.  What the heck!  That is some serious money, right?  I was discussing with my twin and we were both a little mad that we hadn't thought about getting it done in Ireland (a spare) while I was there.  I did get my hair cut during the trip (way cheaper than Key West) but there were a few other bits and pieces (retainer, one example) that I probably should have taken care of when in Ireland.  We both agreed next time I was coming I should make a list and make appointments in advance.


I decided to go the online route and landed on Say Cheese Club.  The price was right (approx $140) but as of yet I have not received the retainers so be warned, it is SLOW! Don't use this option if your retainer is completely cracked/broken but for me, with the retainers still useable, it is an "ok" option.
They sent me trays and putty and I had to make a mold of my top and bottom teeth.  Pictured is the top I think?  It was a weird process - you have to let it set in your mouth for 5 whole minutes and then when you go to remove them they are stuck pretty hard!  There also is a whole lot of drool during this time ugh.
I sent the trays back to them and from that they make the retainer in their lab.  Will update when they arrive... 


***************************

Enid had a great find in a charity (thrift) shop in Dublin of a beautiful Laura Ashley Christmas dress for our niece Leia.


I popped on to poshmark and I found the dress - literally one - in the exact size of her little sister, Celine.  It arrived during the week, and Enid and I had a lot of fun texting each other pictures of the dresses and describing them as just "darling".


Here is the little "darling" my dress is for.  She is 2.5 years old and completely wild.  She spent the morning digging this hole on the beach in Spain and the rest of the day jumping in and out of it

***************************



 

No comments:

Post a Comment