Saturday, 15 August 2026

Surprise!

 Where to start on this post?

We are just about a week out from one of the biggest shocks of my whole life.  Just as Patrick was heading off to work last Sunday at about 8.30am he said something along the lines of this to me "Surprise date night tonight!  We are going for oysters first in Alonzo's and then we are going somewhere special.  Wear your favorite dress, curl your hair the way you had it last week!"

I was intrigued and all day I was plaguing him for clues about what we were going to be doing.  I had a theory that he was bringing me to Berlin's - it is one of my favorite places on the island and I also figured raw oysters in Alonzo's, baked oysters in Berlin's.

Well. It was not  Berlin's. It was a 75ft catamaran (The Argo Navis) where about 20 of our friends were waiting.  I was stunned.  And shocked.  Not sure if any of the photos or videos captured it but I actually started crying when I first saw everyone and realised what was going on.

Here are a selection of photos and video which I think capture the essence of night just perfectly.  Because that is what it was - Perfect.



This is what I posted on my facebook page afterwards:

"A magical evening! Thoroughly recommend a surprise vow renewal party - on a boat!!! Love you Patrick

❤️
Ps. Also 💯 recommend doing it all in bare feet 🤣🤣"


No comments:

Post a Comment