Oh Monty!
Monty is a very vocal cat, I mean like seriously vocal. His noises range from little chirps to big yells. No real pattern to the shouting, no consistency, and no real reason. He shouts and yells at different times of the day/night and we cannot identify why he is doing it.
The worst is when he comes into our room in the middle of the night and yells at the top of his lungs. Another favorite of his is to roll around on the carpet on my side of bed chirping to himself, plus giving himself a bath - noisy licking and chomping noises go along with that.
You can only imagine the effect this is having on our sleep! So, to try address the issue we decided to install a cat flap for him.
I assembled all the equipment and tools needed. Yikes! A jig saw. Pretty scary stuff, eh?!
So first things first is you tape a template to the door and drill some pilot holes. I found these extremely hard to do and that started giving me some clues that this job was going to be far more intense and difficult than I thought it would be.
I had imagined myself zipping through the door, sawing 4 lines nice and quickly - like cutting butter.
Well! It turns out that what I thought was a wooden door was actually made of metal on each side and lined in the middle with foamy stuff. I guess it is a hurricane proof door? Which is good I suppose! But very, very tough for sawing through.
Okay, I did it!
To get to this point - took me about 4 hours. I was originally thinking that this job, all in, would have taken about 1 hour.
The final job was to install the cat flap on either sides of the door. This was difficult too - the screws supplied were not adequate - and I had to jimmy some things and come up with some work arounds. But I got there.
Final hurdle was to train Monty how to use it. He got the hang of it pretty quickly I have to say #proudmomma






No comments:
Post a Comment