Sunday 7 January 2018

Keto weekend

I am back on my ketogenic diet  - cutting out sugar and embracing good fats - and things are going well so far.  Some of the highlights of my weekend in terms of food are detailed below. 

And the lowlights you ask?   *Shrugs shoulders*  I can't think of any so far...  It's been a pretty good weekend all in.

Friday evening I had a glass of wine with Cillian in Ruin Bar on Townsend Street. Malbec...mmm!


Saturday, I enjoyed all things lovely like scrambled eggs with salmon for brunch, and nice Irish bacon and avocado in the evening.  Throughout the day I snacked on almonds, and coffee with cream.  Mmmm.

And then today, Sunday, I tried something new!  Enid made keto bread and invited me over to try some.  Read all about it in her blog here.  I liked it, but I did find it a touch dry.  Once I slathered it with some good kerrygold butter it was much better!  More mmm!


This evening for tea I had salmon and avocado...I just loooove it so much.  And dessert I had greek yoghurt.  Greek yoghurt is an acquired taste (it's quite bitter) and one which I have come round to in a big way. 





And finally I bought THIS which I cooked in the oven and will have it for lunch tomorrow and Tuesday, and hey possibly Wednesday!


January is officially ON!  (Bleugh lol)

2 comments:

  1. Enid's bread was dry? Who would have thought? LOL. Everything tastes better slathered in Kerrygold. Hmmm, and what exactly is that in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete