Friday 18 December 2015

Signs that Christmas is coming

Every year in the run up to Christmas things begin to happen, that just like that Slade song from the 70's scream out to me "It's CHRISTMaaaaaaaS"
 
 
My company's Staff Charities committee handed over cheques to our 2015 staff charities - St Francis Hospice and  Friends of Frank.
This year, staff in Irish Life raised €222,000 in total so they were mighty Big Cheques (€111k apiece) handed over
#proud
#awesome
 
There I am on the right hand side of the photograph. 
As you can see (from the clothes we are wearing) it is a particularly mild December right now.  The weather is not screaming Christmas to me I admit!
 
I watched The Family Stone which is one of my absolute favourite Christmas films.  Donabate library was showing it on their big screen so I got the train out to watch it last Wednesday after work. 
 
I bought a bottle of Baileys. It's not Christmas without a bottle of Baileys!
This is on special offer in Supervalu at the moment - reduced from €22 to €12, sure I'm practically making money at that price!
 
It's a work tradition that on a Friday evening close to Christmas we have Irish coffees. 
Delicious! And Christmassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment